2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 3 Apr 2006 16:12:56 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Navy names Broadway Complex (San Diego, CA) developer

S.D. hotel developer picked for Navy site

Manchester to build Broadway Complex

By Mike Freeman
SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE
April 1, 2006

The Navy named San Diego hotel magnate Doug Manchester yesterday as the preferred developer of its Broadway Complex, a 14.7-acre bayfront parcel that is considered one of the best urban building sites on the West Coast.

Manchester Financial Group won the bid for the Navy property against a field of heavyweight developers that included the Irvine Co., which has recently purchased six office towers downtown. Other bidders were Shea Properties, Clark Realty Capital and a group linked to local office builder Rob Lankford.

Manchester, who as a youngster attended Pacific Coast League Padres games at Lane Field next door to the Navy Broadway site, said yesterday that he was “delighted we can use some of our talent and experience to bring the last great piece of property on the waterfront to its highest and best use.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/military/20060401-9999-1n1navy.html

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org