2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 7 Jun 2006 16:21:40 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Keesler Air Force Base (MS) hospital

UMC set to take over Keesler medical training program

Associated Press Biloxi Sun Herald (MS) June 7, 2007

GULFPORT, Miss. - The University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson will take over the medical training program at Keesler Air Force Base on July 1, 2007, university officials say.

Dan Jones, vice chancellor for health affairs at UMC, said Tuesday that the 100 Air Force doctors currently at Keesler will still run the program, but they will become faculty members of the medical center.

"We've not been able to serve this part of the state as well as what we should, and we'd like to change that," Jones told a meeting of community leaders and elected officials.

http://www.sunherald.com/mld/sunherald/news/state/14760873.htm