2006 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 22 Jun 2006 21:35:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] McClellan Business Park (CA)

Capitalizing on McClellan
Business park's developer looks for partners or buyers.

By Dirk Werkman and Jon Ortiz
Sacramento Bee (CA)
June 22, 2006

After five years of redeveloping McClellan Park, its owners announced Tuesday that they are ready to probe a red-hot commercial real estate market and find out how much they can capitalize off their investment.

This doesn't necessarily mean the property will be sold, said Larry Kelley, president of McClellan Business Park LLC, which owns and operates the former Air Force base. He and his partners would consider a restructured partnership, an investment or a purchase.

When redevelopment of McClellan began, it was perceived by the investment community as an incredibly risky venture, Kelley said, but he now has a record that he believes will appeal to institutional investors.

"We've leased almost 5 million square feet of space," Kelley said. "We've created a lot of value and now the question is, 'How much?' There's a lot of liquidity in the market today, and we just want to explore what the market will say."

http://www.sacbee.com/content/business/story/14270319p-15081157c.html