2007 CPEO Installation Reuse Forum Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 16 Jan 2007 05:22:15 -0000
Reply: cpeo-irf
Subject: [CPEO-IRF] Ravenna Arsenal (OH) demolition

Demolishing the Arsenal

By BILL RODGERS
Warren Tribune Chronicle (OH)
Janary 15, 2007

RAVENNA — Check, double-check and check again will be the mantra at the Ravenna Army Ammunition Plant as contractors prepare to surgically dismantle 110 old buildings this month at the historic munitions arsenal.

A team of inspectors will evaluate and re-evaluate each site for explosive hazards as demolition contractors use grapple machinery to take apart the buildings that were used to assemble bombs and high-caliber artillery fired during World War II through the Vietnam War, said arsenal facilities manager Irving Venger.

‘‘We’re going to analyze the explosive hazard, building by building,’’ Venger said of the plan. ‘‘We’re not going to demolish with abandon.’’

http://www.tribune-chronicle.com/News/articles.asp?articleID=13478