1994 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Joseph Hughes <HUGHES3@NIEHS.NIH.GOV>
Date: 23 Nov 1994 06:35:10
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE & JOB

I would like to take this opportunity to invite everyone in careerpro
to come to North Carolina and visit our military bases. You do not need
to bring bodyguards or other defensive weapons, unlike our President.
THis morning's Raleigh paper, which yesterday buried the Jesse Helms'
quote threatening the President w/ Assassination, had a giant headline:
"JESSE HELMS ADMITS MISTAKE". Now that is news. Since never in history has he admited
doing anything wrong. Should make for an interesting tenure as the Hill
steward of our foreign relations, Ole Jesse..... It might be funny if it
wasnt so sad. Anyway, on behalf of the 43% of the Tarheels who didnt
vote for Jesse, I wanted to apologize to the rest of the nation. Chip