1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: coho@whidbey.net
Date: 09 Mar 1995 14:57:38
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Introduction

Posting from coho@whidbey.net (Bill Skubi)

The transfer of civilian oversight from a TRC to RAB at NAS Whidbey Island
was accompanied by a change of meeting location from on base to a meeting
room at the Oak Harbor City/Community College library off base. There is a
precedent for you. Also, our one year experience with the RAB seeting has
been a tendency for the Navy to dominate the flow of information from the
Navy and its contractors to the RAB. It was not until some confrontation and
the appointment of our second community co-chair that that individual
insisted on equal time for publicly reviewing community concerns as a
condition of his taking on the considerable responsibilities of co chairmanship.
Hope that is helpful.
Bill Skubi/ WISE>