1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: coho@whidbey.net
Date: 04 Feb 1995 09:46:16
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Information Request: Treated water

Posting from Bill Skubi <coho@whidbey.net>

At NAS Whidbey the plan is to arrest the spread of a toxic plume to as
yet uncontaminated areas of a continuous groundwater supply by pumping,
air-stripping and returning treated water to the same aquifer. The
project which will go on-line soon will operate for at least ten years.
One interesting aspect of this project is that VOCs in the exhaust from the
air stipper will not be filtered because total daily emissions are not
expected to exceed local regulations. So it goes.