1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@igc.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 11:12:50 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: compromises etc.

1. For those who are a little confused, this discussion of compromises
grew out of a discussion about how to educate Congress about the
effects of gutting the DERA budget (see topic 145 and subsequent
general way. I DON'T believe anyone has advocated compromise of any
kind (as Gawain stated there first needs to be a position on which to do so).

2. As this forum continues to grow (which it is) I would ask that
personal discussions be done outside the confines of the conference.
By all means, the products of those discussions (if relevent) should be
included in the conference postings. Quite a few of the conference
members have long standing relationships that have developed over the
years (one of the benefits of this type of work). "Netiquette" suggests
that those dialogues be done in other areas.

3. A message to those of you who have not posted an introduction to
the conference--please do so. Just a brief history of your
involvement/interest in base closures issues will suffice. The purpose
of introductions is so that conference participants have an idea as to
who is out there, how you may be able to hook up, etc.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions/suggestions. Thanks
for all the hard work.

Aimee Houghton
aimeeh@igc.org
415-904-7751