1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: PaulJML@aol.com
Date: 05 Apr 1995 23:13:56
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Getting to Know You

My name is Paul Lesti.

I am the Community Co-Chair of the Moffett Federal Air Facility Reuse
Advisory Board. Moffett is located next to Mountain View and Sunnyvale
California.

One of my major concerns is the long term cleanup process and how that would
affect the potential reuse of this facility.

Recently Onizuka Air Force Base and the California Air National Guard both of
which are major tenants at Moffett are slated for relocation. This leaves
NASA as the host Federal Agency, without two major rent paying tenants..
 Even NASA's spokesman was quoted as saying that "If this (realignment) were
implemented, it would severely impact our ability to continue as host of
Moffett Air Field". [San Jose Mercury News, Wednesday March 1, 1995].

I am interested in hearing from others on this topic.

Paul Lesti PaulJML@aol.com

Phone 415-969-7682

Fax 415-969-0266