1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: horrigan@csn.org
Date: 07 Apr 1995 09:19:58
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Getting to Know You

Posting from Brenda Horrigan <horrigan@csn.org>

HI! I'm Brenda Horrigan and a former CIA & State Dept
analyst (of Soviet affairs). During 1988-1992 I also
worked as an analyst in the private sector studying
Soviet/Russian defense industry conversion.

For the past 2 years I've been writing a dissertation on
US defense community reaction to the end of the Cold War,
especially ways in which some defense community members
are working to restrict (or stop altogether) a post cold
war drawdown and defense industry conversion.

I'm interested in hearing from people who have had experiences
w/defense community personnel (by which I mean policymakers,
Congressional reps, DoD & other defense-related agencies,
pro-defense citizens groups, lobbyists, etc) who are opposed
to a draw down, defense budget cuts, conversion. (And of
course I'm interested to hear about those in the defense
community who are supportive of a drawdown or restructuring
of US military forces, as I don't believe the defense community
is a monolith....)

Thanks,
horrigan@csn.org