1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 16:52:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Documents on Disk

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>

DOCUMENTS ON DISK
After several months of requests, the Restoration Advisory Board at the
Army's Natick Labs in Massachusetts is now receiving cleanup documents
on computer disks. A RAB member writes:
"Our citizen/DOD/EPA relationship is fairly courteous and
sophisticated, which is perhaps why, despite the fact that we are
trying to get our selectmen to sue for water supply damages under
CERCLA, we got permission from the local one-star to proceed to get
WordPerfect disks for workplans, and Lotus files for datasets."
Where the community has the capacity to use electronic data, this
innovative approach can save time, money, and trees.