1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 09:26:37 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: ROCKETS AND OZONE HOLES

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>

While the Air Force is taking the problem seriously, NASA has always
played down the significance of solid rocket propulsion on the ozone
layer. I wrote a report, "No Free Launch," in 1990, summarizing ozone
depletion and some of theother environmental issues surrounding large
rocket motors.

I can send a photocopy out to anyone who wants it.

Lenny