1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Bill Smith" <WJASmith@aol.com>
Date: 12 Jun 1997 22:53:18
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: COLORADO A.G. ON HR1778

On behalf of the Sierra Club's Federal Facilities Task Force, thank you for
your excellent letter opposing the environmental provisions in Title
III of
HR1778. Many of our members are extremely frustrated that federal agencies
seem beyond the reach of state, and even EPA, regulations. Your observation
that Title III would increase rancor rang true. My own local community
is up
in arms about the Navy's decision to proceed with screening of parcels for
toxics using methodologies disapproved by both the Cal EPA and the US EPA.