1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: National Center for Economic Alternatives <ncesa@igc.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 17:32:42 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Bases & Re-use Innovations

We are studying ways that municipalities have been able to use former
military bases to their economic advantage.

Here at the National Center for Economic & Security Alternatives, we are
attempting to "map out" the scope and scale of U.S. municipalities'
entrepreneurial activities. In an era characterized by budget cutting, many
municipalities have launched innovative municipal enterprises (i.e.,
profit-making recreational facilities) and/or have entered into novel land
development deals (i.e., giving developers certain development rights in
exchange for a percentage of the development's profits) in an effort to
generate additional revenues, keep dollars local, and/or create jobs, etc.
As part of this research, then, we are hoping to learn how municipalities
have been able to use former military facilities along these lines. Any
suggestions, contacts, or information would be greatly appreciated!

National Center for Economic and Security Alternatives
2000 P Street, NW
Suite 330
Washington, DC 20036

Phone: (202) 835-1150