1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: coho@whidbey.net
Date: 30 Dec 1997 17:24:47
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Airspace

Judging from the response of conference members on Airspace this is still an
inflamed issue, and unlike toxic cleanup and disposal, an issue made worse
by the lack of meaningful process.

I know Peter Havens and respect his work (although I have yet to see the
Final EIS on Air Operations at NAS Whidbey Island that was his project and
is now 8 years overdue)but when Peter tells us, "contact your favorite FAA
office, they'll help you" regarding citizens' airspace issues it denies our
almost universal experience that the FAA has not only failed to move to
resolve these issues, but in most instances has failed even to respond or
acknowledge them.

Those of us that have worked on both Airspace and Toxic cleanup issues know
that there is a big difference between hearing citizens' concerns and doing
something and doing nothing at all. We can do better than this.
Bill Skubi
Coho Communications
PO Box 1504
Coupeville, WA 98239