1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Dick and Jill Miller <DMiller@gis.net>
Date: 09 Dec 1998 09:44:43
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Oral Histories of Base Pollution

"Ted Henry" wrote (Mon, 7 Dec 1998 15:54:46 -0500 (EST)):

> Len
>
> You make a good point about interviews, as APG has learned a great deal from
> such interviews. To take this one step further, however, it must be
> remembered that the lack of clear or methodical effort to uncover historical
> contamination extends beyond this specific issue.
>
> Reasonable concerns exist regarding the extent to which fiscal hurdles hinder
> efforts to conduct good historical information searches and whether
> searches/interviews that do take place are influenced by the notion of "what
> we do not know is there, we do not have to clean up".

And beyond THAT, to "if we don't find these records, they won't belie
our earlier public assurances that we don't do that type of research."

Cheers from
--Dick Miller <DMiller@gis.net>
 Citizen Member, SSCOM RAB (U.S. Army Natick Laboratories)
--
A. Richard & Jill A. Miller | MILLER MICROCOMPUTER SERVICES |
Mailto:DMiller@gis.net | 61 Lake Shore Road |