1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Steven <themissinglink@eznetinc.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 20:09:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: EPA letter on disbanding Fort Ord RAB

Sold out by the EPA also!  The real message here is to play by the
regulatory community's rules or be disbanded.  Whether or not the
community RAB members were being intransigent, the RAB process is now
weakened severely.  This issue could have been dealt with through removal
of individual participants or through judicial findings on individual
issues. Instead of these more surgical approaches, the Army, EPA, and CPEO
have labotomized the process and cut out the RAB completely.

(Sarcasm to follow) Community involvement is important, we will let you
know what we are up to!  Write letters if you can figure out who to write
them to.  Maybe the Army could set up an automated information system to
dispense findings, conclusions, and action plans.  "Press 1 if you think
our models underestimate human exposure pathways, press 2 if you think we
have misinterpreted the nine criteria, for all other inquiries please
leave a detailed message.  While we cannot answer all questions
personally, your comments are important and be assured that the
appropriate decision make will be given your message." CLICK!

Wasn't the RAB law set up by congress?  If so, then I cannot understand how
this decision can stand without another act of congress.

Steven Pollack