1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net (marylia)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 10:03:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: NEW! On Web! From Tri-Valley CAREs!

New! On the Web! From Tri-Valley CAREs! Greetings peace and enviro friends
and web browsers. We are happy to announce that the following NEW items are
up on our web site at http://www.igc.org/tvc.

FIRST:  Our June newsletter is now on our web site, including:
                        (1) "Livermore Lab to Build Nuclear Waste Complex
Without Environmental Review." *** Action Alert *** We are asking
Californians to write our new Governor Gray Davis to ask that the permit be
reconsidered and an Environmental Impact Report be required before the new,
$23 million facility is built. Details on our web site, or contact us by
phone or email. Letters are needed in the month of July!
                        (2) "Newly Discovered Accidents Give Lie to
Livermore Lab Safety Claims." This articles details accidents wherein a
chemical waste container explodes and burns worker, and another where
wastes are inappropriately "bulked" together and sent off-site without
proper treatment.
                        (3) "On the Job." Get reports from Tri-Valley CAREs
members from the Hague Appeal for Peace and the Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability's "DC Days" in Washington, DC.

SECOND:         The international petition to stop two new nuclear weapons
facilities -- the National Ignition Facility in the United States and the
French Laser Megajoule is now on our web site. It is easily downloadable.
Please help us gather signatures!

THIRD:  Read our analysis of the current lab security scandal. Learn how
conservatives are using this for their own agenda, and why giving the
weapons labs more autonomy and less oversight is exactly the wrong
prescription! Additional articles from our hot-off-the-press July
newsletter will be up on the web soon.

++ Please note that my email address has changed to <marylia@earthlink.net>
on 3/1/99 ++

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!
Our web site will remain at this location. Only my email address has
changed on 3/1/99.

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
international Abolition 2000 network for the elimination of nuclear
weapons.