1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:23:30 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Defense Department Toxics Release Data

Department's latest report on its Toxics Release Inventory data. It's
available on the Web at
http://www.denix.osd.mil/denix/Public/News/OSD/EQ98/eq5a.html##ch8.

The most recent data in the report is for fiscal year 1997. Fiscal year
1998 data has been collected, but it has not yet been validated. It
should be available early next year.

I have not read the report, but it shows that total Defense Department
toxic releases represent a small fraction of the national (industry,
etc.) total. The report highlights the Department's successful pollution
prevention efforts.

Lenny

c/o PSC, 222B View St., Mountain View, CA 94041
lsiegel@cpeo.org
http://www.cpeo.org

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

Have you seen our List Picks of The Week?
Get Informed, Entertained, Enlightened at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/7