2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: kc2th@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:24:18 -0500 (EST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Fwd: [CPEO-MEF] Cape Cod to be National Center for UXO Research

I find the beginning of this center to be quite interesting. I would
certainly be interested in finding out where the concept originated and
what structure has been decided to date. To my knowledge, the APG RAB has
not yet discussed this topic.

----From my read of the previously posted article, I assume this is an ongoing
center with multiple research projects to come.

I also assume that DOD and the Forces will follow the work conducted and
lessons learned to date and actually look for input now on the
development/evolution of this Center at Cape Cod and APG.

This is one of the many excellent opportunties to come to establish a
solid, thoughtful and reasonable teamwork apporach in this ongoing issue of
UXO, something certainly of great interest to all walks on this board.

Looking back on the recent years of my efforts in the UXO field, while
often daunting and sometimes overwhelming, I have seen the growth of
insight and learning in the participants I have worked with (and myself as
well of course). I believe this growth curve will only increase (in
productivity from learning not difficulty for learning) in the new year.
The UXO Center will be a good testing ground to see such growth and
identify where there are still canyons to be traversed.

Choo! Choo!