2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 May 2001 20:22:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Air Force to review Lowry AFB history

from Anne Callison <awbarbour@aol.com>

Our community does not have very many hits in the "win" column regarding
 working with the Air Force to affect a good cleanup at the former Lowry
AFB,  but we had one last week.

The Air Force announced at the Lowry AFB RAB meeting last week that
finally  they are undertaking what we hope will be a complete
operational history of  this former base.  The remediation and
restoration of the base began in  earnest in 1986.

Having been appointed to the Technical Review Committee in 1992, and
having  served on the RAB since its inception, I can only tell others
working on RABs  - don't ever give up on what seems to be common sense
to you.  Don't you want  to know what happened at these former bases so
you know where and what to  look for?

Anne Callison
Community Co-chair,
Lowry AFB RAB