2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 30 May 2001 20:39:08 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Air Force to review Lowry AFB history

Maybe it's the cynicism in me due to working on the Camp Bonneville BRAC
site and constantly being disappointed with outcomes discussed with the
'powers that be' BUT I would be very interested if Anne would keep this
listserver updated on this 'turn of events'.

I do have a few questions:

Regarding 'complete operational history', how is the Air Force going about
obtaining such history.  It is well known by everyone, including the
military, that historical data on any given base is extremely limited.  One
of the first items on the agenda between the Army and community regarding
Camp Bonneville's closure was to 'obtain' information (for clean up
purposes)with those in the community who had lived around the base as well
as those who 'used' the base.  This exercise proved to be nothing more than
rhetoric and 'appeasing' rather than utilizing it.

I'd be very interested in knowing how the process the Air Force will be
using to obtain such data.

Stella Bourassa