2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 28 Aug 2001 16:57:35 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Boxer Opposes Closure Proposal

Well put Ian!!!  I couldn't have said it better!  If I read 'between the
lines' correctly, is this another way for Senator Boxer to win more votes?
In saying this, I'd like to see Sen. Boxer's voting record regarding the
closed bases in California and any legislative work she has done in regards
to cleanup, obtaining more financial help (the budget is congressional
mandated correct?) and anything else remotely close to resembling facts to
back up her letter.

I would also like to know how 'accessible' her and her staffers are to the
stakeholders.  Sen. Murray and her Vancouver staff have been remarkable to
the stakeholders in WA.  They always take phone calls and e-mails seriously.

When I have asked for meetings with every and any 'key' players, they have
always participated in making it happen.  For me personally, I have always
found it a 'joy' to work with Sen. Murray's staff and to know that they are
listening and taking serious the issues that are brought before them.

Stella