2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 14 Mar 2002 16:34:18 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] more on nitrates

From:Laura Olah <olah@speagle.com>

Hi everyone!

Because we received so many inquires in response to our posting on
nitrates, I'm posting a followup with several documents you can access
on the web.  For interpretation or if you have additional technical
questions, one of our best resources has been toxiologists at our state
department of public health.

REMINDER: As with any drinking water contaminant, applicable health
standards are routinely established assuming exposure to a SINGLE
contaminant in specific media.  Where multiple contaminants are present
in drinking water supplies, for example, health standards for any single
contaminant generally do NOT apply as synergistic, additive, and other
risk factors come into play.

Hope this is helpful.

Laura

Blue Babies and Nitrate-Contaminated Well Water
http://www.uwsp.edu/water/portage/undrstnd/blbaby.htm

Nitrate in Drinking Water Associated with Increased Risk for
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
http://cis.nci.nih.gov/fact/3_55.htm

Nitrate and Health
http://www.cheec.uiowa.edu/nitrate/health.html#Risks