2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 12 Apr 2002 21:10:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Program saves bundle cleaning contaminated

Mario:

As a member of the ITRC, I don't believe there is a structure in place
to comment on press releases and news stories about technology.  The
article that Elizabeth referred to seems more like a press release than
anything else.  It sounds like some kind of pyrolysis or thermal
desorption technology with a thermal oxidizer on the back end.  I'm not
sure how it saves $40 million, but guess that the baseline was
excavation and hauling to a hazardous waste landfill.

Additionally, if I were in that community I would be concerned about
generation of dioxin/furan.

Peter Strauss