2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 28 May 2002 13:39:15 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] DOD: The Emerging Disconnect Between Policy andPractice

Thank you Aimee for the summary, I enjoyed reading the logical
conclusion. Is there solid documentation backing up the military's concerns regarding enviromental issues on existing bases? The reasons for environmental exemptions for the military seem broad without allot of substance.

Your point about the BRAC closures not being thought out also appears to be on 'the mark'. Camp Bonneville in WA is a perfect example of being out in the 'boonies' in regards to the need for night training, not that I'm for more contamination out on that 3800 acres but that is another issue.

Stella