2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 31 Oct 2002 15:34:45 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] RAB questions

The responses to the RAB issues,  I am a former member of Camp
Bonneville's RAB for approx. 3 (give or take) years, were
informative-thank you everyone.  My two cents, RAB's are only as good as
the member's participation and  committment to reading as much
documentation surrounding the site as their brains can hold.  For me, I
took every opportunity to read the Army's  documents and then our EPA
rep's books and watched as many videos as were available (main issue was
UXO).  I then wrote to the local newspaper and local, state and federal
public servants.  I also set up meetings with our elected officials, the
regulators and interested community members and used the information I
gained from attending the RAB meetings but more
importantly the documentation available.  I took my freedom as a
citizen, NOT A RAB MEMBER, and utilized it to 'share' the enormous
amount of material I'd read & talked over with the appropriate parties
into these meetings.  This listserver also provided and continues to
provide an important avenue for our right to know information.

Laura, I do not know exactly what the issues are for you but I'm
assuming you do not have access to important information?  or not able
to talk about such important information during RAB meetings?  I hope
it's the latter issue and not the first, but if it's the latter, I would
hope you are taking this information to your elected officials and your
local newspaper!  Another avenue might be to take this to one of the
major investigative t.v. shows-like Dateline?  Take
care............Stella:)