2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: UTOSI-Hdqrs@kc.rr.com
Date: 25 Nov 2002 18:52:21 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] New Perchlorate Policy

At 09:53 AM 11/25/02 -0800, Lenny Siegel wrote:
I avoided this language (excerpted below by Peter) in my original
posting because the issues are complex and their resolution are
uncertain. I'll take a stab at it now, but I welcome correction or clarification.

Defense Environmental Restoration projects, as originally defined by the
Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act, generally include the
characterization and cleanup of hazardous substances, pollutants and
contaminants; correction of environmental damage (such as unexploded
ordnance on former ranges) that creates an imminent or substantial
endangerment;

Lenny at SFAAP the RAB can speak to the characterization and cleanup of hazardous substances, pollutants and contaminants; correction of environmental damage (such as unexploded
ordnance on former ranges) that creates an imminent or substantial
endangerment;

and demolition and removal of unsafe buildings and
structures.

But the RAB cannot speak to the demolition, burning and removal of unsafe buildings and structures or the removal of sewer lines that contain explosives due to building wash down or asbestos covered steam lines. This covers any thing that was in a building or a sewer line.

Jim Oyler