2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: petestrauss1@attbi.com
Date: 22 May 2003 22:26:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Critical Habitat on Camp Pendleton

Thanks for providing this map, Aimee.  Based on this, I am at loss to
understand DoD's complaints.  I also assume that many of the civilian
workforce for Camp Pendelton live in some of the urban encroachment areas.
Would the Marines be able to recruit a civilian workforce if not for these
communities?

It's also interesting that you do not hear complaints from DoD about
Southern California Edison's three nuclear reactors at the San Onofre site.
Does DoD look the other way when large commercial interests are involved,
but complains about setting aside habitat for endangered species?

Does someone know if San Onofre State Park was present when Camp Pendelton
was established?

Peter Strauss