2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 26 Aug 2003 15:21:45 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] IAAP cleanup pace in dispute

Iowa
THE HAWKEYE
IAAP cleanup pace in dispute
Army, EPA meeting to create new schedule.
By Kiley Miller, kmiller@thehawkeye.com
August 22, 2003

The Army and Environmental Protection Agency are at odds over the pace
of the cleanup at the Iowa Army Ammunition Plant in Middletown.

The two sides have entered into a formal dispute over the delivery date
for a document called the "Phase 5 Soils Remedial Design Work Plan."

The EPA wants the document as soon as possible, but the Army is asking
for more time.

At an IAAP Restoration Advisory Board meeting Thursday, plant
environmental project director Rodger Allison said the dispute was sent
last month to a Senior Executive Committee, which is comprised of one
high–level official from both the Army and the EPA.

The committee is expected to issue a ruling in October.

The disagreement is emblematic of ongoing tensions between the Army and
EPA.

This article can be viewed at:
http://www.thehawkeye.com/daily/stories/ln9_0822.html