2003 CPEO Military List Archive

From: themissinglink@eznetinc.com
Date: 22 Sep 2003 14:00:57 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Residents' Federal Lawsuits Blocked

Well I find this a real shame.  So the EPA cleared the area.  Why that would
trump hidden mis-deeds is beyond me.

On a related note, I would like to get some opinions.  The Armour Research
Foundation, merged with Illinois Institute of Technology-Research Institute,
now spun off to Alion is cryptically referenced in some Fort Sheridan
documents from 1965.  When I contacted an older member of the staff he was
not allowed to even tell me the nature of the work conducted at Fort
Sheridan per secrecy clauses of any contracts.  He could not even reveal the
existence of contracts themselves.

The problem is that without even some baseline information how can I request
documents through FOIA from the Army?  How can I even determine if there is
an environmental impact to continue down this path?

Armour had, according to some documents I found on the web, contracts for
aerosolized chemical and biological weapon   delivery research contracts
dated around the same time period.
http://members.aol.com/warlibrary/vwsr10.htm (lets see how long before this
site gets shut down)I am pretty sure none of this information made it into
the administrative record and may be the reason the Army is so resistant to
characterize Landfill 7 and even consider excavation.

How does one get such information that may be classified so that it's impact
is considered as part of the administrative record?

Steven Pollack
www.familyjeweler.com/fortweb.htm