2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Steve Taylor <steve@miltoxproj.org>
Date: 5 Feb 2004 16:17:10 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Moving nerve gas waste is criticized

Interesting point and leads very directly to an argument in favor of use
reducation of toxic chemicals rather than emissions control, treatment, and
disposal....But that's a discussion for another list.

More to the point, most of the hazardous susbstances transported by road and
rail are on the way to some end location at which they will be used in
production or sold and used by consumers. The nerve gas secondary waste in
question could in fact be treated by the Army safely on-site in Indiana
without transporting it and creating any additional danger associated with
the transport.

Steve Taylor