2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 27 Apr 2004 19:57:32 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: North Carolina base legislation

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover
Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's
the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy
customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caacbbPaVxieSa8wsBba/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

Commission looking at legislation to help protect military bases

Pat Coleman
New Bern Sun Journal (NC)
April 27, 2004

HAVELOCK -- As the Base Realignment and Closure process advances,
members of the North Carolina Advisory Commission on Military Affairs
are looking at legislation in the General Assembly to help protect the
state's bases.

The committee's recommendations include extending the benefits of
in-state tuition to non-resident National Guard and reservists, enacting
legislation that extends state government hiring priority to military
spouses and the approval of a gas tax proposal that would return
one-third of fuel taxes collected on military installations for
quality-of-life improvements.

"I hope that they will see, as we do on this commission, that it is in
the best interest of North Carolina and our military communities to go
along with these proposals that we intend to make," member Preston F.
Garris said Monday during a commission meeting in Havelock.

for the entire article, see
http://www.newbernsj.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cfm&StoryID=15073&Section=Local

$6.95 .com Domain Name Sale!
Limited Time! ICANN Accredited GoDaddy!