2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>
Date: 13 May 2004 14:18:55 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: House Armed Services Committee Votes to Delay BRAC

Give Your Team Access to Their PCs from Anywhere. Increase productivity with a secure remote-access solution from GoToMyPC Pro. Stay in touch with your office. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaccMVaVxieSa8wsBba/ ExpertCity

Yesterday the House Armed Services Committee approved postponing the next round of BRAC until FY 2007. Members cited environmental issues and the war in Iraq as major impediments to executing the 2005 round.

The Senate Defense Authorization bill has no provision for delaying BRAC and Senators have been typically more supportive of BRAC then House members. If both bills pass their respective chambers the question of whether or not to delay BRAC will be resolved in conference committee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aimee R. Houghton
Associate Director, CPEO
1101 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC  20036
tel: 202-452-8039; fax: 202-452-8095
Email: aimeeh@cpeo.org
www.cpeo.org

Looking for a Promotional or Marketing Gift? Discover Crazy Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy customized with your corporate image!
http://click.topica.com/caaceBcaVxieSa8wsBbf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

CPEO: A DECADE OF SUCCESS. Your generous support will ensure that our important work on military and environmental issues will continue. Please consider one of our donation options. Thank you.