2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 Jun 2004 19:47:30 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: U.S. EPA- Southern California - Perchlorate

Empower your Team with Remote Access. GoToMyPC Pro
provides your organization with instant remote access to
email,files, applications and network resources in real
time. FREE TRIAL:
http://click.topica.com/caaciqTaVxieSa8wsBba/ExpertCity

New site lets EPA speed response

POLLUTION: Locating in Los Angeles enables the federal agency to monitor
the Inland more closely.

By JENNIFER BOWLES
Riverside Press-Enterprise (CA)
June 19, 2004

The nation's top pollution-fighting agency opened its first office in
Southern California on Thursday to better serve a region battling with
groundwater contamination and some of the nation's worst air, officials
said.

"To not have a real presence here called into question our commitment,"
said Wayne Nastri, regional Environmental Protection Agency head in San
Francisco, the agency's longtime California office.

The EPA also supervises the cleanup of federal Superfund sites, some of
the nation's most polluted areas. There are seven such sites in the
Inland area, and the EPA is considering whether to give the designation
to a Rialto industrial site suspected of being the source
perchlorate-contaminated groundwater. The underground plume has tainted
at least 20 wells owned by the city and Colton and Fontana.

for the entire article, see
http://www.pe.com/localnews/sanbernardino/stories/PE_News_Local_bepa19.a149b.html

Apply now for a No-Annual-Fee Discover® Platinum Card
0% Intro APR*, No Annual Fee, Up to 2% Cashback Bonus®
award* Start Saving Today ? APPLY NOW! It's fast, easy and
secure.
http://click.topica.com/caaciqQaVxieSa8wsBbf/Discover Card