2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Jul 2004 19:48:30 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Tallevast air to be tested

Get a Great Credit Card for You Today
You can find a credit card to fit your credit needs.
All types of credit cards -- 0% APRs, Rewards, & Bad Credit.
http://click.topica.com/caacpgdaVxieSbnA7rua/411Web

Health officials scramble to help Tallevast

By SCOTT CARROLL
Sarasota Herald Tribune

TALLEVAST -- Health officials are scrambling to help residents here
determine what the results of a recent round of ground-water testing
mean for their health.

Surprised by Thursday's revelation that ground water in this south
Manatee County community contains chemicals at levels more than 10,000
times the state standard, the Manatee County Health Department said it
will begin testing fruits and vegetables grown in contaminated soil and
watered from tainted wells.

County officials will also test air quality in homes sitting above a
concentrated plume of contaminated water and see to it that a family
with lead in their soil is tested for lead poisoning.

"We were surprised by the extent of the contamination, and we're just
trying to make sure we're looking at everything," said Charles Henry,
with the Manatee County Health Department.

Henry said his office received drafts of parts of the state Department
of Environmental Protection environmental assessment earlier in the
week, but didn't get the full report until Thursday.

As health officials step up their involvement, residents continue to
push for quicker solutions. At the top of their list is moving out a
woman whose home sits above high concentrations of pollutants.

for the entire article,
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040724/NEWS/407240352/1060

Save up to 67% on Omaha Steaks + Get 6 FREE Burgers and a
FREE Cutlery Set + Cutting Board!
http://click.topica.com/caacpgjaVxieSbnA7ruf/OmahaSteaks