2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 28 Sep 2004 19:11:34 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Radar concern halts housing development

Work on Linkside subdivision halted

By Mary Weston
Oroville Mercury Register (CA)
September 28, 2004 -

Development at the Linkside Place Subdivision on Highway 162 West has
been suspended until additional information is collected about possible
radiation emissions from the Doppler Radar located near the subdivision,
according to the United States Air Force.

Lt. Jessica Martin, public affairs officer at Beale Air Force Base, said
the city of Oroville, the Air Force and the developer agreed to suspend
development on the subdivision until the National Weather Service and
the Air Force could gather information about the weather radar. She said
the Air Force would work with the city to resolve the issue.

But the city hasn't heard anything about the suspension, according to
Eric Teitelman, director of community development and public works. "I
wish I had been at that meeting," Teitelman said Monday.

"Basically, what this means is when we realized this housing development
was going up, we realized there could be a potential hazard, so we have
to go out and remeasure the radio frequency radiation emitted by the
radar," Martin said. "It could take quite a long time."

for the entire article, see
http://www.orovillemr.com/Stories/0,1413,157~26686~2431464,00.html