2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 11 Oct 2004 15:53:53 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Perchlorate testing labs

Pollution means big business for testing labs

By PETER WARD
Lowell Sun (MA)
October 11, 2004

Even with the pollutant perchlorate suddenly showing up in local water
supplies, laboratories see better times ahead.

"We got a little busier in that regard," said Peter Henriksen, a manager
at Alpha Analytical Laboratory in Westboro, which tests water and soil.
The lab recently was asked to test 1,000 water samples for perchlorate
and found positive results in about 22.

So whose water contained the toxin?

"I can't divulge that," Henriksen said, citing confidentiality.

Perchlorate is the talk of the town at water-testing labs, said Ray
Raposa, executive director of the New England Water Works Association, a
trade group for labs and water utilities.

for the entire article, see
http://www.lowellsun.com/Stories/0,1413,105~4746~2459960,00.html