2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 31 Oct 2004 04:14:17 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Hamilton Field auction

Hamilton auction short on bidders

By Con Garretson
Marin Independent Journal (CA)
October 29, 2004

The auction of a former Navy gas station at Hamilton Field that Novato officials deemed too polluted to buy has not exactly launched a bidding war.

More than two weeks into a public online auction, only one unidentified party has made a $100,000 bid.

Several others already have submitted deposits of $100,000 to take part in the auction for the 2.7-acre parcel, for which the U.S. General Services Administration had suggested an opening bid of $500,000.

The auction has no firm end date and will wrap up after a period goes by without any bids. A posting will be made when the auction is scheduled to end in 72 hours, a period that will be extended by a day at a time if a new, high bid is made before the deadline.

"We'll let it run for a month or so," said Gina Arias-Arrieta, the GSA real estate officer handling the sale, who said such a slow start is not unusual. "If (the bidding) starts to slow down, we'll put out a call for final bids."

for the entire article, see
http://www.marinij.com/Stories/0,1413,234~24407~2499513,00.html