2005 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 28 Jul 2005 19:02:50 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Please consider a donation to ease CPEO's transition

Please excuse the multiple postings:

Effective August 1, 2005, the Center for Public Environmental Oversight
will begin a transition from its current fiscal sponsor, The Tides
Center, to the Pacific Studies Center. We are seeking donations to cover
the transition costs, which we anticipate will total several thousand
dollars. To make a tax-deductible donation, mail a check to
CPEO c/o PSC, 278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041-1308, or go to
http://www.cpeo.org/donate.html.

I began my work on environmental issues at the Pacific Studies Center in
the late 1970s. In 1993, San Francisco State University hired me as a
consultant to what is now known as CPEO, and in 1994 I became executive
director. Aimee Houghton started as associate/administrative director at
the same time. Roughly 3 1/2 years ago, CPEO moved from SFSU to the
Tides Center, a non-profit organization in San Francisco. In June of
this year, Aimee Houghton left for a position in the private sector,
though she remains affiliated with CPEO as a senior adviser. As I assume
administrative responsibilities, CPEO is moving to the Pacific Studies
Center, where - from my point of view - it all began.

Bob Hersh and I plan to continue CPEO's programs as seamlessly as
possible.

As readers of the Military Environmental Forum know, we are considering
instituting a subscription fee for that service. Our reader survey
indicated that we would be able to receive substantial revenue, but that
we would also lose a significant number of subscribers. We have
therefore deferred a decision on this option while we seek other sources
of income.

Meanwhile, we face a number of one-time costs associated with the
transition to PSC, which I have kept alive as a research archive, with
no paid staff, for the past dozen years. Please consider making a
tax-deductible donation so we can focus our efforts on our continuing
program during the transition period.

Again, to donate via PayPal, go to http://www.cpeo.org/donate.html.

If you do not have a PayPal account, click ?Click here? once you are on
the PayPal site, and you will be linked to instructions for credit card payments.