2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 05:28:46 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Laughlin Air Force Base (TX) - "no encroachment"

Developers LAFB will be shielded from TIRZ

By Bill Sontag
Del Rio News-Herald (TX)
April 4, 2006

"I was told their primary concern is that there be more open space under their flight paths, and that schools and churches be moved out from under the flight paths. And we've done that," said David Earl, responding to a question Monday afternoon.

Earl conducted a work session with 17 in attendance at city council chambers, aimed primarily at answering SE Ranch Holdings Development Agreement questions from elected city and county representatives.

Earl affirmed that the Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone #2 is making every effort to protect the air space integrity of Laughlin Air Force Base.

http://www.delrionewsherald.com/story.lasso?ewcd=004e165cc4779357
--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org