2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: lsiegel@np.craigslist.org
Date: 25 Aug 2006 01:22:28 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Fallon Naval Air Station (NV) buffer zone

County approves first development rights transfers

VIKTORIA PEARSON
Nevada Appeal
August 24, 2006

The first transfer of development rights (TDRs) received approval from
Churchill County commissioners Tuesday.

The agreements were reached with two separate land owners. Both came
before the commission as a formality to gain approval of the agreements
before they could be signed and paid for by the county.

"This is the best thing we've done in years to preserve the water supply
in our county and a step toward a brighter future," said Gwen Washburn,
commission chair. "I'm so pleased someone was able to step forward and
take the first chance."

This ordinance will help the county to preserve agriculture land within
the Navy's buffer zone and reduce the possibility of future encroachment
upon the Navy base, said Capt. Scott Ryder at a previous meeting.

http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/LF/20060824/News/108240025