2006 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 17 Sep 2006 18:36:39 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] F.E. Warren AFB groundwater remedy

Groundwater cleanup outlined

By Shauna Stephenson
Wyoming Tribune-Eagle
September 16, 2006

CHEYENNE - Groundwater cleanup at F.E. Warren Air Force Base is nearing an important point in its 16-year history as a superfund site.

Agencies involved in the project have come to an agreement on a solution to clean up the water polluted by trichloroethene, or TCE. While it will take decades for the water to be fully cleaned, finding a remedy has taken years.

"We've been working on the groundwater at F.E. Warren since 1989, trying to get our arms around where the contamination is located, the concentrations and the types of contamination," said John Wright, remedial project manager at F.E. Warren.

Wright said those questions were finally answered in 2004. From there, they worked on a remedy.

http://www.wyomingnews.com/articles/2006/09/17/news/local_news/03local_09-17-06.txt

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org