2008 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 20:29:53 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] GLOBAL, HEALTH: Naples, Italy off-base Naval housing

Navy strengthens water testing for off-base housing in Naples area

By Lisa M. Novak
Stars and Stripes European edition
October 15, 2008

NAPLES, Italy - The Navy has once again tightened requirements to lease off-base homes in the Naples area. In addition to testing for bacteria, the service now will analyze samples for contaminants classified as volatile organic compounds.

Officials say they expanded testing based on findings from the first phase of the Navy's public health assessment currently under way throughout Naples.

"We are expediting sample analysis for bacteria and VOCs," Navy officials said in a written statement on Sunday. "Through Phase I of the evaluation, they have been of greatest concern."

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=65238&archive=true