2009 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 17:54:36 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] MUNITIONS: Bazooka Shells found at former Sedalia Army Rifle Range (MO)

Bazooka Shells Force Park Shut Down
Munitions Found On Site Of WWII Firing Range

KCTV5 News (Kansas City, MO)
August 31, 2009

KNOB NOSTER, Mo. -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will do a sweep of an old firing range that sits right next to the Knob Noster State Park after a resident found two unexploded bazooka rounds on his land.

"You were walking on that range and could've stumbled across one of those," said Knob Noster resident Ron Dillingham. "I figure, if it's my time to go, the good Lord take me, whether it's bazooka shell or wild bull."

Dillingham has lived near the old Sedalia Army Rifle Range the past 72 years. The range was closed after World War II and Dillingham used to go there as a boy.

For the entire story, see
http://www.kctv5.com/news/20655050/detail.html