2016 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2016 21:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFCs: "Wright-Patterson Air Force Base [OH] lifts water advisory for 1 of 2 wells"

Wright-Patterson Air Force Base lifts water advisory for 1 of 2 wells

By Barrie Barber
Dayton Dayton News (OH)
August 12, 2016

WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE - Wright-Patterson has lifted a months-long drinking water advisory imposed for pregnant women and infants because of concerns about exposure to groundwater contamination, according to base officials.

Water sample tests showed levels of two compounds found in a firefighting foam were below the lifetime exposure threshold of 70 parts per trillion set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, according to Wright-Patterson.

The advisory was lifted Thursday, base spokeswoman Marie Vanover said Friday. Wright-Patterson determined sampling has consistently showed drinking
water is safe to drink, officials said.

“We will steadfastly continue monitoring our wells to ensure we protect our environment and keep our drinking water safe,” Col. Bradley W. McDonald, installation commander, said in a statement.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/news/local-military/ohio-epa-lifts-water-advisory-for-1-of-2-wells-at-/nsFDr/

Voice/Fax: 650/961-8918