2018 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 21:50:22 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] MUNITIONS, FORMER SITES: "Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A project continues dormant in Waimea"

Ongoing delays: Lalamilo Housing Phase 2A project continues dormant in Waimea

By Landry Fuller
West Hawaii Today
April 16, 2018

WAIMEA - Each time residents haul trash or recycling to Waimea Transfer Station they must drive by Lalamilo Phase 2A development, an unfinished Hawaiian Home Lands housing project that sits dormant on the same street.

“A huge water tank was built and all infrastructure is in, and has been in for years,” Alice Jenkins, a Waimea resident, said in an email. “Why isn’t this development being built out?”

…

“To my knowledge it has to do with UXOs in the greater Lalamilo area, and a more detailed distinction of what is accepted and what is considered ‘cleared’ by HUD and other regulatory agencies,” District 9 Councilman Tim Richards said. “When I was in D.C. last month I asked Sen. Schatz’ office to look into this and see where it is stuck.”

…

For the entire article, see
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/2018/04/16/north-hawaii-news/ongoing-delays-lalamilo-housing-phase-2a-project-continues-dormant-in-waimea/

Executive Director