2019 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2019 15:18:08 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: "Polluters knew..."

For Decades, Polluters Knew PFAS Chemicals Were Dangerous But Hid Risks from Public

By Jared Hayes and Scott Faber
Environmental Working Gorup
AUGUST 28, 2019

For nearly 70 years, chemical companies like 3M and DuPont have known that the highly fluorinated chemicals called PFAS build up in our blood. They’ve known for almost that long that PFAS chemicals have a toxic effect on our organs.

But they did not alert federal or state regulators until 1998, and many companies continue to make and release PFAS chemicals into the environment today. What’s worse, some are using junk science to fight efforts to reduce ongoing discharges and clean up legacy pollution.

Today EWG released documents that detail decades of deception. Secret studies and internal memos reveal:

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.ewg.org/news-and-analysis/2019/08/decades-polluters-knew-pfas-chemicals-were-dangerous-hid-risks-public

Executive Director