2019 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 13:10:31 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: Military firefighters

Fighting Fire with Fire: Military firefighters question whether myriad of medical problems are related to toxic chemicals in firefighting foam

by Amy Cherry
WDEL (Delaware’s News Radio)
October 16, 2019

They're called "forever chemicals."

…

But as more information comes out about just how harmful these chemicals are, military firefighters--who had daily exposure to the chemicals in AFFF foam--are starting to wonder if it's the source of their myriad of mysterious health problems.

"We used foam...we'd walk in and splash in it," said Mitch Gauge, a retired Senior Master Sergeant with the Delaware Air National Guard.

…

For the entire story, see
https://www.wdel.com/news/fighting-fire-with-fire-military-firefighters-question-whether-myriad-of/article_be00a374-ef85-11e9-ae83-c3dbc39a550c.html

Executive Director