2024 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <LSiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2024 12:42:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] PFAS: Air Force press release on cleanup plan

DAF leaning forward with PFAS clean-up plan

By Natalia Perez
AFIMSC Public Affairs
June 6, 2024

JOINT BASE SAN ANTONIO-LACKLAND, Texas -- Armed with data from nearly 10 years of investigation and response to per- and polyfluoroalkyl substance, or PFAS, releases at its installations, the Department of the Air Force is rolling new regulatory standards into its ongoing plan to address PFAS risks.

“The key here is that we have a plan, and we will implement it,” said Jenni Dorsey-Spitz, an environmental technical advisor to the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Installations, Energy, and Environment. “We aren’t starting from scratch. The Department of the Air Force, without a regulatory standard, leaned forward to start addressing PFAS and we will continue leaning forward with the new standard.”

To date, DAF has spent more than $2.2 billion to identify and mitigate PFAS.

…

For the entire release, see
https://www.dobbins.afrc.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3799780/daf-leaning-forward-with-pfas-clean-up-plan/

—